How bi-partisan political and economic forces prevented three U.S. administrations from taking bold action on global warming....
Wgbh pages frontline hotpolitics interviews traveling fastI think that has gotten much more attention so that there is an increasing sense among energy company executives, utility executives, chemical manufacturers [that] this is a serious problem, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Then I went back and tried to talk to the General Motors guy and the overall industry group, and they were absolutely impossible. It will be a part of the program to design a compensation equation that rewards achievement of environmental goals.
There are bound to be extremists in any area, and he is one. If you want to make it an issue, find people in the center who speak in tones like this -- who can sit across and not yell and not throw out invectives and not even use language like people like me create -- but have a rational, common-sense dialogue over the challenges of what changes in climate could be doing, are doing, and what is the best way to deal with it. We may actually be able to use the Arctic Sea. Everybody cheats and gets around it. I think people really understand now that the science is overwhelmingly clear on the fact that man is having a significant impact on the climate, and it's time to take action. I think their sense that we know what we're doing is probably important to their coming aboard. There are seismometers located around the world which allow you to pinpoint where and when an earthquake occurs. No one can claim they .
Journey: Wgbh pages frontline hotpolitics interviews
- Are those different words?
- Oh, we definitely need one. Everybody was sitting there with their mouths open in extraordinary wonder at how much this guy knew. Second, the answers of the left tend to all be more litigation, more regulation, bigger government, higher taxes.
- LUCHA CARTELES ZETAS CJNG CARTEL
- This is not a traditional role for a scientist, which is why some people have said you are an alarmist, because you are playing multiple roles. There are still people who argue, is the right definition of this global warming or climate change?
- Well, I think the president depended upon Al Gore to give him the information on this, make recommendations to him, and nobody knew this issue better than Gore did. What did you think about that?
Wgbh pages frontline hotpolitics interviews - - expedition Seoul
Did you consider that that was the technology you really should be after? There are still people who argue, is the right definition of this global warming or climate change? Oh, I think we are. I was ready to go.